JNS reports: The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Israel continues to rise, with the country’s Health Ministry on Wednesday morning reporting that 427 people have so far tested positive for the virus. Five of the patients are in serious condition, 10 are in moderate condition, and 11 have made a full recovery.
A total of 236 coronavirus carriers are in isolation at the nation’s various hospitals, while 71 are under home quarantine and eight have been accommodated in hotels.
Meanwhile, the government on Tuesday announced a series of new restrictions to check the spread of the virus, after many Israelis failed to take earlier instructions to heart.
During a televised statement on Tuesday evening to explain the new measures, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said the COVID-19 outbreak was “not a game. It’s a matter of life and death.”
Jerusalem Post reported: “We started today using the digital technology that detects those who come in contact with coronavirus patients,” Netanyahu said in a press briefing. “We will send these people into isolation. These will be large numbers. Isolation is not a recommendation – it is mandatory, and we will enforce it without compromise.”

